Friday, May 28, 2010

I miss Kyoto


Back in 2005, I went on a homestay programme to Kyoto, Japan. I stayed with the Murakami family as the picture above shows.

From left to right, 1) Papa 2) Mama 3) Shuuji (We call him Shu-chan) 4) Natsuka 5) Ryo (I was 3 years his senior but had a crush on him when I was there, haha) 6) Grandpa/ Ojiichan

They treated me like family and were so kind and patient with me. They took me to so many places and their home was amazingly huge for a Japanese home. They had a fireplace and a courtyard and 3 separate houses joined into one! I wish I had taken more pictures!

I found this picture on my old blog that's still up and wow it's been 5 years since the trip.

We used to write to each other but I stopped replying one summer and that's about it. I still have the letters they sent me and I keep telling myself I must write back.

Let's hope they'd understand my Japanese.

I don't really know what to talk about in the letter or...WAIT I can email them, right?

Which is better though? Email or snail mail? Maybe I'll write by hand and I can draw little doodles on the sides like in previous letters. :)

0 Boops:

Post a Comment